Monday, June 30, 2014

Throwback to Last Week

 Hello my loves

I have been meaning to blog about my recent trip to the city for a week now and just never got around to it. However, now that I have some down time today before work I am inspired to blog since I am sitting in my new favourite spot in my grandmother's garden, under the shade of a tree (don't ask how I ended up here haha. Check out my next blog for pictures!) 

Myself and my friend Jessica decided on a whim that it would be fun to drive into the city and stay the night. Having both read and fell in love with John Green's book The Fault In Our Stars we decided to catch the late movie and see Augustus Waters in motion picture. Needless to say, we were not disappointed. Even though I already knew how the story ends, I sobbed like a baby all throughout the movie (Yes..I am that embarrassing friend you do not want to come with)

            This is my "light" snack that I bought for the movie hehe. Go big or go home. Right?


That night, we also had a chance to do a little shopping. Here's a dressing room pic of my OOTN.
Pssstt....Sorry for the blurriness 


Black Tank: Dynamite
Shorts: Sans Souci
Sandals: Steve Madden
Leather Jacket: Envy
Bag: Miztique

I managed to find a new pair of high wasted shorts that only cost $10!! I also found two adorable crop tops for cheap that I am saving to do a collective haul post later on this month. 

The next day, before leaving the city we decided to enjoy to sunshine by going for a stroll through Bowering Park which just so happens to be one of my favorite spots in St. John's. The park has both open and shaded walking trails that take you everywhere around the park including alongside the river, a large field (great for picnics), and also the outdoor swimming pool. It is pretty much the underrated gem of St. John's.




                  Heading back over the highway we enjoyed some smoothies and great tunes. 
We finished off our little Mid-week-weekend laying out in the sun on my parents patio sipping ice cold spicy Caesars (typical Canadian). 

                Here's a post-tanning pic from my Instagram showing off my new shorts! 


Shorts: Urban Planet
 Bikini top: Forever 21 (this season!)

  Do you ever have a spontaneous Mid-Week-Weekend? Let me know how you spend your days off!!

-Xo

No comments:

Post a Comment